IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CLIENT PRIVACY
Maintaining your trust and confidence is a high priority. That’s why we want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you, and the steps that we take to safeguard that information.
Information We Collect. JSF Financial, LLC is obligated to collect certain personally identifiable financial information about our Clients (you) so we may provide suitable financial recommendations (services). Your personal financial information which we gather during the normal course of doing business with you will depend on the services that we provide to you. This information is gathered through:
- Account opening documentation or other forms;
- Custodial applications;
- Governing documents (such as trust or estate records);
- Transactional records (from banks, accountants or other financial services firms);
- Data or information we gather will include (but is not limited to):
- Social Security numbers;
- Your annual income and net worth;
- Account balances;
- Investment experience;
- Tax, financial statement, estate planning, insurance and other documents that you provide as part of the financial planning process;
- Risk Tolerances;
- Information from credit or service bureaus or other third parties;
- Investment Objectives and Goals; and
- Other personal or family obligations.
In addition, information might be shared with our affiliate, ALJ Capital Management LLC, an SEC registered advisor, but only to service certain Clients who maintain a relationship with ALJ Capital Management, LLC.
Information We Disclose. We restrict the disclosure of your personal non-public and confidential information. We only disclose your information as indicated or as required by law in accordance with Section 248.13 of Regulation S-P (and S-AM). We will not disclose information regarding clients or their accounts with JSF Financial, LLC, except under the following circumstances:
- With persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the customer;
- When necessary to complete a transaction in a customer account, such as with the clearing firm or account custodians;
- When required to maintain or service a customer account;
- To resolve customer disputes or inquiries;
- With rating agencies, persons assessing compliance with industry standards, or to the attorneys, accountants and auditors of the firm;
- To government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law;
- To protect against actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability;
- To comply with federal, state, or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements;
- In connection with a written agreement to provide investment management advisory services when the information is released for the sole purpose of providing the products or services covered by the agreement;
- In any circumstances with the customer’s instruction or consent; or
- Pursuant to any other exceptions enumerated by State Law.
When We Share Your Personal Information and Why You Cannot Limit our Sharing
You cannot limit our sharing of your personal information in cases where we need that information to provide our advisory services to you (this disclosure is necessary in our everyday business).
|REASON||DOES JSF FINANCIAL DISCLOSE?||CAN YOU LIMIT THIS?|
|For our everyday business purposes: to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), settle transactions, respond to regulatory inquiries (including court orders and legal investigations or reports to credit bureaus).||YES||NO|
|For our internal marketing purposes: to offer products and services to you.||YES||NO|
|For our affiliate’s everyday business purposes: information as necessary to provide our services to you.||YES||NO|
|For our affiliate’s everyday business purposes: information about your creditworthiness.||NO||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For non-affiliates to market to you.||NO||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For joint marketing with other unaffiliated financial institutions.||NO||WE DON’T SHARE|
Our Security Policy. Only those individuals who need it to perform their jobs are authorized to have access to confidential client information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures that comply with applicable state and federal regulations to safeguard confidential client information.
Closed or Inactive Accounts. If you decide to close your account (s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.